Reliable empty alarm in cosmetics tank
Economy and ecology in harmony through automatic monitoring of the filling line – Reliable empty alarm in cosmetics tank with NCS-L-12/18
For over 60 years, the French brand Yves Rocher has been synonymous with high-quality cosmetics based on vegetable raw materials. The company is strongly committed to ecological issues and biodiversity. Even small factors such as the optimal use of raw materials play a role.
- The application
The filling systems for cosmetic creams were previously controlled manually. The filling level in the buffer tank had to be monitored by an employee and the filling process had to be stopped manually at the appropriate moment.
In order to prevent the filling pump from running dry, the process was stopped for safety reasons at an early stage, leaving important quantities of cream in the tank. This residual product was then disposed of, resulting in a significant loss of value.
- Significantly lower product losses due to optimal emptying of the tank during filling
- Precise measurement results despite high viscosity of the cream and corresponding adherences to the sensor probe
- No manual control and monitoring required
- Fast amortization through reduction of product losses and time savings for employees
- The solution
With the NCS-L level sensor, the filling process is automated. Due to its special sensor shape with 18 mm length and its measuring method with an extended measuring range, the NCS-L-12/18 is particularly suitable for low-water, viscous media such as oils, syrups or even cosmetic creams. Due to its inline integration in the outlet pipe of the filling system, the sensor signals safely and reliably as soon as the cream is depleted, thus stopping the filling process automatically.
- The result
- Cream losses are minimized.
- The quantities of waste to be disposed of (cream remaining in the tank) is reduced.
- Impurities (splashes due to dry running of the filling pump) are avoided.
- Maximum process reliability for the personnel operating the filling system
- Sensors used in the application
NCS-L-12/18 NCS-01, NCS-M, NCS-L-31P
4.1 Point level NCS-L-12/18
- Limit level detection even with media with low water content such as syrup, fruit concentrates, alcohols and oils with εr (Dk) ≥ 2
- Reliable indication even with strongly adhesive media due to capacitive measuring principle
- Very short response time
4.2 NCS-01, NCS-M, NCS-L-31P
- Insensitive to foam and adhesions
- Different sensor lengths for adaptation to all installation situations in pipes and vessels