UWT’s Nivoradar in a chemical storage tank
A fertilizer producer requires a solution to control high precision measurement of sulfuric acid in 4-meter tanks. Due to the material being highly corrosive, chemical resistance was vital when selecting the process material. Quick signal response and accuracy were also important as the instrument should control subsequent processes.
UWT has a suitable solution with the non-contact level transmitter, Nivoradar 3100 with 78Ghz frequency and the signal response of ca. 10 seconds. The plastic lens antenna made of PEI and high precision of 5mm together with stainless steel flange and stainless-steel housing were important to increase the efficiency of the process.
Radar Sensor NivoRadar® NR 3100 for level measurement
UWT’s NivoRadar® NR3000 sensors are used for continuous level measurement in bulk storage silos. This compact sensor measures distances up to 100m (328ft) and due to its high sensitivity, it is suitable for measurement of almost all bulk materials.
- 78GHz FMCW-Radar Level transmitter
- Suitable for use in almost all solids
- Fixed flange and adjustable flange option
- Measuring range up to 100m
- Connection to our user-friendly visualization systems Nivotec® 3500/4500 possible using 4-20mA signal
- Narrow 4° beam for long measurement ranges and tall, narrow silos.
- High sensitivity via high reflection from the product.
- Easy commissioning via a quickstart menu.
- Easy operation and diagnostic via the Local Display Interface (LDI).
- Process temperature up to 200°C.
- Flushed flange mounted lens antenna with an integrated air purging system.
- Built-in aiming flange for the optimal alignment of the sensor.